I've been waiting 15 years for this . . .

Wednesday, February 26, 2014
A chance to buy a FANCY dress. I haven't since my wedding 13.5 years ago. So when I heard I was a finalist for a Whitney Award, I didn't really care about the award--cause the prize is the pretty dress. You know what I'm sayin'?

*please read the rest of this post with a "valley girl" intonation.*

So I called my best girl friends (Thanks Katie and Laura!). And we went shopping. And the people in the stores where all like, "Why are these 30ish women shopping for "prom dresses"? And we were like, "Shut up, hookers! We shoppin' for award dresses!"

Let me know which is your favorite!

*note* I'll post the winning dress when the pics from the gala go up!

I thought I would hate this dress. I sort of loved it. 

I didn't feel pretty in this dress.
And I wasn't a fan of the color. 

Meh. It's okay. 

I liked this one.
The boning had pushed through the fabric
and was stabbing my ribs. 

I really liked this one. Unfortunately, my hands at the back were
the only thing keeping it closed (it didn't fit). 

I really liked this one. Top 3ish. 

Everyone loved this one! Everyone except me!








8 comments:

  1. I'm no fashion expert, but I'm going to have to agree with everyone on the last one. It's totally thing I imagine someone would wear in your Witch Song series for some reason ...

    Congrats on your nomination! :)

  1. The purple is my favorite!!!

    Good luck!!

  1. Carol said...:

    How fun getting to pick out a fancy dress. I like them all.

  1. David: You are not alone. Everyone loved that one. I really didn't.
    ABS: The purple and blue were in my top 3.
    Carol: I ended up with the fanciest of them all. :D

  1. miki said...:

    i prefer the first and he 5 ( purple) one ( inever had a fancy dress ^^;; so not sure my choice are right for the event but you do look wonderful in those 2)

  1. Unknown said...:

    I think I really like the first one best. I like that color on you

  1. Miki: Those were my favs too!
    Jen: It's one of my favorite colors.

  1. Fayth97 said...:

    I liked #6--the lavender dress. I would like to see it w/out the jacket though. #4--peach dress is pretty too. My favorite is #5, which of course doesn't fit...... So #6 wins out here.....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...