I want an enchanted pig!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bridget's Zinn's Poison has all the right ingredients to make your heart ache for more. 

In the beginning, I had a hard time connecting. Great hook. Strong action from the get go, but what kind of story focuses on a main character who killed her best friend and princess? It doesn't take long before we realize that only Kyra knows that the princess has to die or the kingdom does. Murdering the princess will surely cost Kyra her life, but what choice does she have? 

And then the girl who never misses, missed. Now she has to hide from the king's army, her ex-boyfriend and fellow potioner, witches, and criminals. All while plotting the death of her best friend. 

Did I mention that there's romance? Cause there is, and I loved it. Poison had the light, sweet kind of romance that tugs a sigh from somewhere deep inside you. 

I finished the book and tried to find more of Bridget's books so I could immediately buy them. There are none. Bridget died last year. I had to work really hard not to cry. Bridget was a talented new writer with a long and beautiful career before her. I want to hug her. I'll settle for hugging her book and sending my love upwards instead. 

Also, there's an enchanted pig, which I was admittedly leery about. But the level of cuteness for this pig was off the charts. Also, it was kinda badass. I have no idea how a pig manages all of that, but this one did. Now I want one of my own. 

A must read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...